About Faculty of Agriculture
Agriculture is an essential part of India's economy and livelihood. There are several agricultural engineering schools that offer degrees in agriculture along with other technical and vocational courses. Educounselor is one such agricultural college that offers the degree program under the Faculty of Agriculture and conducts various scientific research and educational activities to promote and disseminate scientifically sound agricultural research and education.
The college has perfectly equipped laboratories to meet the requirements of academic and research activities. The institute uses the latest available technologies in research, teaching and extension to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of each task.
The Department of Agricultural Sciences offers a four-year Bachelor's degree program ( B.Sc. (Hons.)) and a two-year Master's degree program ( M.Sc. (Agriculture)).
M.Sc. Agriculture Agronomy
Program : – M.Sc. Agriculture Agronomy
Duration : – 2 years
Admission criteria : B.Sc.(AG) with 50% of marks.
Number of Students : – 30
Duration : – 2 year
Center Fees : – 25000
Program outcomes : –
- The ability to apply in practice knowledge from various fields of agriculture such as agronomy, plant breeding, soil science, etc.
- The ability to apply the various soil and plant sciences to soil management and crop production; scientific agriculture and helping students develop their analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills from classical to molecular genetics.
- The ability to develop a system and process according to modern concepts of crop production, drought physiology, herbicides and crop production, physiological aspect of crop yield, principles of plant nutrition, crop physiology, advanced irrigation agronomy, agricultural research organizations, advanced plant ecology, applied conservation agronomy, dryland agronomy, cropping systems, and agricultural meteorology.
- The ability to design and conduct experiments, interpret data, and draw sound conclusions.
- The ability to understand and find an appropriate solution to the practical problems faced by farmers.
- The ability to be professionally competent and ethically responsible both as an individual and in multidisciplinary teams with a positive attitude.
Programme Specific Outcome : -
- Upon completion of this program, students should be able to
- An understanding of the objectives of plant breeding, modes of propagation and genetic consequences, breeding methods for crop improvement.
- An insight into the structure and functions of chromosomes, chromosome mapping, polyploidy, and cytogenetic aspects of crop evolution.
- The ability to apply knowledge of the general principles of radiation and various tests/methods for detecting radiation effects on living cells, the associated genetic risks, and the prospects of the advances made.
- Ability to teach about optimization of irrigation in different crops under variable agroclimatic conditions
- The ability to deal with different types of stress in crop production and develop strategies to manage them.
- The ability to understand calculations related to components of variation and variances, scales, mating designs, and gene effects.
- Understanding of production cost theory and provide a basic understanding of price and/or production determination under different types of market structures, including factor markets.
- The ability to practically apply various skills to the use of biotechnology tools in crop improvement.
Overview : -
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Agriculture program, the candidate will be able to apply in practice the knowledge acquired in various areas of agriculture such as soil science, plant breeding, agronomy, etc. The candidate will be qualified for employment in various government and private departments such as banking, food, fertilizer, industry, agriculture and more. After completing M.Sc. Agriculture, the candidate can pursue higher studies such as a Ph.D. degree. This will enable the candidate to work in research laboratories, universities, industries, government departments, multinational companies, etc. in research and development.